AISL is a non-profit, coeducational day school offering quality education to students from pre-school to grade 12. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (UK) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (USA). As an International Baccalaureate World School, the American International School of Lusaka is authorised to deliver the Primary Years Programme (pre-school through grade 5), the Middle Years Programme (grades 6-10), and the IB Diploma (Grade 11-12).
Consisting of a middle school (grades 6-8) and a high school (grades 9-12), the American International School of Lusaka is committed to helping all students achieve their academic and personal potential. The secondary school fulfils this commitment by offering a broad and balanced curriculum.
The AISL curriculum has a strong academic foundation, as well as a robust co-curricular programme in sport, creative arts, and technology. A strong advisory programme, a student support services programme and a community and service programme are designed to support and nurture the intellectual, social and emotional development of adolescent children.
The secondary school integrates technology into the curriculum to enhance teaching and learning by offering a 1:1 iPad programme for Grades 6-10 and a 1:1 laptop programme in grades 11-12. Secondary School students have the opportunity to earn two internationally recognised qualifications: the AISL American High School Diploma and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Program.
Both diplomas provide students with the opportunity to attend competitive colleges or universities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and other institutions around the world. The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Program provides the framework for teaching and learning and is implemented in grades 6-10. The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program is a clearly defined curriculum administered in grades 11-12.
American International School of Lusaka (AISL) · Secondary schools
The American International School of Lusaka (AISL) serves children in grades one to five and provides a safe, nurturing environment in which your child will develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge necessary for a lifetime of inquiry-based learning. AISL also offers extensive after school activities and field learning.
During their time in the primary school, your child will:
- Continue to use play, experiential learning and structured inquiry to make sense of the world and build understanding.
- Learn to explore their world with curiosity, ask questions and develop thinking skills.
- Develop a sense of what it means to respect themselves, each other and their community as they learn independently and in groups.
- Develop a range of social skills in the classroom and on the playground.
- Enjoy a range of co-curricular opportunities, including an extensive after school activities programme and field learning experiences.
- Develop the various literacies (reading, writing and mathematics).
- Use technology responsibly to support and enhance their learning.
- Begin to learn and develop language skills in French or Spanish.
The IB Primary Years Programme offered by the American International School of Lusaka (AISL) provides the framework for teaching and learning in the primary school.
American International School of Lusaka (AISL) · Primary schools
The American International School of Lusaka's early learning centre consists of pre-school (age 3), pre-kindergarten (age 4), and kindergarten (age 5). The school provides a safe and nurturing environment that enables children to develop social skills such as co-operating, sharing, resolving conflicts and decision making.
The American International School of Lusaka's early learning centre provides an ideal environment in which your child can:
- Enjoy his or her first experience of school through structured play.
- Explore what it means to respect themselves, each other and their community.
- Explore early stages of the various literacies (reading, writing and mathematics).
- The IB Primary Years Program provides the framework for teaching and learning in the early learning centre.
American International School of Lusaka (AISL) · Pre-schools