The spacious and well-stocked Planet Books shop at Arcades Shopping Mall in Lusaka offers a large selection of books covering both fiction and non-fiction. The range of African publishing and Zambian literature available is comprehensive. The children's stock is exciting, the cookbook section is mouth-watering! Customers can place orders for specific titles for delivery within three weeks. Planet Books is conveniently located at one of Zambia's best shopping. Books are available in a multitude of different topics and staff are on hand to help with any queries.
Planet Books has not updated their information in over a year and these details might be out of date.
Books and magazines
Books are available in a multitude of different topics and staff are on hand to help with any queries. Local interest books by Zambian authors look at issues such as culture, tradition and religion. Language learning books cover French, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese and local languages including Bemba, Nyanja, Tonga and Lozi.
There are also classics like 'The Three Musketeers' and works by some of the greatest authors such as William Shakespeare. Classics and fiction for children are also available.
The extensive variety at Planet Books also includes topics on
- African culture – tribal arts, ceremonies, dance
- Agriculture and gardening – cattle ranching, ruminants, poultry, vegetable gardening, landscaping
- Arts and Crafts – painting, sewing, crocheting
- Biographies – world leaders and famous people
- Car manuals for various vehicles (Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan) covering engine maintenance, car electrical, brakes, body maintenance, body spray, panel beating etc.
- Children's educational books – how to read, write, draw and paint, foundation mathematics and other subjects for self improvement
- Fiction – romantic, science fiction
- Games – sudoku, scrabble, crosswords
- Health including pregnancy and child care
- History – African, European, Asian, American and elsewhere
- Home improvement and planning
- Pets – dogs, cats, parrots, guinea pigs, horses
- Political books including aid for Africa and leadership
- Self help – motivational and inspirational books
- Travel guides
- Wildlife, trees and plants
Magazines and stationery
As well as books, there is also a variety of local and international magazines, weekly editions of international newspapers, maps of various countries and a good range of stationery including plastic folders, files, envelopes, writing pads, glue, mathematical sets and more.
Planet Books · Books and magazines