What Study Connect International will do for you:
These courses are taken when you have just completed grade 12 or O levels/AS levels. Here are some options that Study Connect International can assist you with: – 'A' levels – International Foundation Programme – Access to university – Vocational courses – Transfer programmes (USA & Canada) These courses provide the groundwork of how university works, while boosting your academic skills and knowledge. The programmes are a bridge between your current qualifications and university undergraduate entry requirements.
High school students who have completed 'A' levels or IB or a diploma, normally gain entry into first year of university. Each university will list the expected grades required, per programme. This information can be obtained through us or on the university web site. Study Connect International helps you with the whole application process by dealing directly with a known person in the University's international admissions office.
Post graduate degree
To enrol onto a master's course a student must have a bachelor's degree with honours. A pre-master's course is designed for students who have completed a bachelor's degree with no honours. Successful completion of the Pre-Masters course allows students progression to a master's degree.
Postgraduate diplomas allow a student who completed their first degree to study a more advanced programme than at the bachelor's level. The course is delivered at further education colleges and at universities in the UK. Upon completion of the course students may progress to study a master's degree.
Master's degrees such as Master of Arts or Master of Science are normally awarded to students who have undertaken at least a year of full-time postgraduate study. This taught degree also contains an element of research in form of a dissertation. Students who would like to continue their education at a master's level would normally be expected to already hold an honours degree in a relevant subject. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is highly valued by those seeking to advance in business as managers and decision makers.
PhDs are awarded following a programme of original research that contributes new knowledge within the context of the student's discipline. Universities admit applicants to PhD programmes on a case-by-case basis. To be eligible to apply for a PhD programme students must have successfully completed a postgraduate master's degree. Students are also required to write a research proposal as a part of the PhD application process. A PhD usually takes three years of full-time study.
1. Complete the initial assessment form and receive your university/college recommendation. Study Connect needs to carry out an initial assessment of your current qualifications and immigration history before they can recommend any university or college of interest for you. Therefore, it's very important that you complete and submit the assessment form. Once Study Connect receives your completed assessment form, possible universities and colleges will be recommended for you. You will also be provided with the university's entry requirements.
2. Academic verification Study Connect verifies these documents on your behalf and advises you of missing documents before submitting them to your chosen university or college.
3. Your university/college assessment and offer Your university or college assesses your application and supporting documents. This should be a smooth process, as Study Connect verified your documents already. You then get an offer letter from the university.
4. You pay your deposit or full tuition fees Your offer letter will have details of the amount you need to pay as a deposit before you get can an acceptance letter.
5. Study Connect helps you with your visa application Study Connect guides you through your visa application form. This includes checking your supporting documents and advising you on any missing documents. Study Connect's attention to detail minimises your chances of a visa refusal.
6. Airport collection and accommodation Once your visa is issued Study Connect can put you in touch with the accommodation team at your place of study. Most universities and colleges have airport pick-up services at a cost.
Study Connect International is established with a network of students schools, colleges, and universities and provides one-to-one advice and guidance on visa preparation and lodging to students anywhere in the world. It is a genuine personal service where you are able to have direct contact with the office via email, Skype, telephone or office visit. You will be given information on student accommodation and put in touch with current students who can tell you about their experience of studying at a college or private school of your interest.
Years 7 – 11
This is your basic education from ages 11 – 16, where students cover all subjects and later partake in the General Secondary Certificate of Education (GSCE's). As an international student you would need to live in boarding or with a host family. Students who wish to later study at university in the UK move onto A-levels, and this can be done at Secondary Schools or Colleges.
A-levels are taken by students who wish to continue their education at a university. Depending on your highest qualification in your home country, A-levels are a bridge between qualifications gained in your home country and UK university undergraduate entry requirements. Courses are not only designed to bridge academic gaps, but also help you improve your English and learn about UK life and culture in preparation for university.
This is a time for students to be more specific in their subject choice in order to prepare them for their university pathway. The A-Level programme is one of the most esteemed and progressive in the UK. A-Levels, or 'Advanced Levels', are the UK's Gold Standard university entrance examinations. Achieving high A-level results will ensure you get to choose from the UK's most highly regarded universities.
A few schools in the UK offering study with boarding
Adcote school for girls
Adcote school for girls is a unique, vibrant, independent school. Established in 1907, the school has around 220 pupils on roll and is set in a magnificent grade 1 listed building, surrounded by 30 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland.
King Edward VI College
King Edward VI College, Stourbridge, is one of the leading academic sixth form colleges in the country. They specialise in A-Level provision and enjoy a national reputation for outstanding teaching, learning and results.
The college offers pre-university courses including GCSE, A Levels, Fast Track A Levels, IB, Academic English, Summer programmes and High School Preparation programmes. Founded in 1952, CATS College is one of Britain's most distinguished education providers.
Bournemouth and Poole College
With over 20 years as an established provider of International study, Bournemouth and Poole College can assure you of high quality provision, excellent facilities and well-qualified teaching professionals. Combining traditional quality standards with innovative teaching and technology, the college offers a wide range of qualifications and courses to prepare students for university.
The immigration experts are not affiliated with the UK Government; they act independently in the interest of clients. The UK work visa categories are designed to attract professionals from all industries. Some visas allow for extended visa options, which may lead to permanent residence. There are various UK visa classifications.
Study Connect International provides specialist immigration services in the following categories: