Moringa Initiative Ltd
Established in February 2013, Moringa Initiative is located at Westgate Farm in Chisamba about 100km north of Lusaka. This company grows and manufactures its own Moringa Oleifera for a variety of products such as Moringa Miracle Capsules, Moringa Miracle Tea and Moringa Leaf Powder. It aims to supply Zambia with Moringa supplements in an effort to help build a healthier nation. Moringa products are sold in many shops and pharmacies in Zambia.
Vitamins, supplements and nutrition in Chisamba, Zambia
- Naturally increases the body’s physical energy
- Faster recovery after workout, physical injury or pain
- Helps restore body’s mental and emotional stability
The Moringa plant has various uses, such as depressing the appetite, boosting the immune system, maintaining sugar levels and enhancing overall well-being. Many foods we eat contain various nutrients but few match the Moringa plant for its range of nutrients. This plant is classified as a “Super Food”, a label reserved for foods with exceptional nutritional value for humans.
For centuries, people in Asia and Africa have had access to Moringa Oleifera, one of nature’s most nutritious foods. This plant is often referred to as the “Tree of Life” or “Mother’s Best Friend”. It provides infants, children and adults with abundant minerals, vitamins, calcium, proteins, beneficial antioxidants and amino acids. Dating back to ancient Indian writings in 150 B.C, early Romans, Greeks and Egyptians refer to the Moringa plant and its uses. They also praise the tree for its therapeutic properties, such as using it to protect the skin, make perfume and purify drinking water.
Moringa Initiative Products
- Moringa Capsules
The leaves of the Moringa Oleifera tree are dried and powdered to create Moringa Leaf Powder. This powder is classified as a food supplement because it adds nutrients to the food we eat when taken as a supplement. It is referred to as a super food because of it is nutrient-rich, providing an easily digestible abundance of nutrition that is safe for the entire family to consume. These capsules are made out of 100% pure Moringa leaf powder, with no additives or preservatives.
- Moringa Miracle Tea
Made from the green Moringa Oleifera leaf, this tea can be prepared to suite individual requirements.
- Moringa Leaf Powder
Dried Moringa leaf is a nutritional powerhouse and contains all types of of amino acids that the body requires such as Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalaine, Threonine, Tryptophan and Valine.
Where to find Moringa
- Afro Green Pharmacy
- Asado Pharmacy, Twin Palms
- Brights Chemist Ltd, Lusaka
- Castle Supermarket
- Cha Cha Cha Pharmacy
- Choma Chemist
- CommonWealth Road Pharmacy
- Esvee Medicare Pharmacy, Kitwe
- Farm Pride Butchery, Fringilla Lodge
- Fig Tree Café, Great North Rd Kabwe
- Food Lovers, East Park Mall
- Cheers Café
- Golden Pharmacy
- Good Health Pharmacy, Kamwala
- Grace Chem Pharmacy
- The Green Shop & Cafe
- Health Cure Pharmacy
- Healthy Living, Avondale
- Horizon Pharmacy
- Jubilee Pharmacy (nationwide)
- Just Halawi, Makeni
- Karibu Pharmacy
- Kukap Enterprises Ltd
- Leonicam Supermarket
- Life Pharmacy
- Link Pharmacy (nationwide)
- Lukando Pharmacy, Kalingalinga
- Lusaka Pharmacy
- Mavlo Pharmacy, Kabwata
- Mega Pharmacy, Long Acres
- Melissa Supermarket
- Monils Ltd, Kitwe
- Netcare Chemist, Lusaka
- Nick Pharmacy, Chelstone
- Pick & Pay Zambia Ltd (nationwide)
Natural health in Chisamba, Zambia
- Improves energy and mental function
- Strengthens immune system
- Liver detox and full body detox
Moringa health benefits
- Stabalises blood sugar levels – helps to fight against diseases like Diabetes
- Eliminates constipation – helps to keep your digestive system healthy and regular
- Improves vision – high in the essential vitamins and amino acids used for cell regeneration and repair especially in the eye
- Improves libido and used as an aphrodisiac
- Promotes good circulation – helping the body to purify and detoxify the blood stream
- Improves wound healing – packed with important amino acids that are used for cellular regeneration as well as boosting the immune system and white blood cell count
- Anti-ulcer, anti-tumor, anti-fungal – prevents the growth of tumours and fungal infection
- Appetite suppressant – while still providing energy
- Enhances skin health – helps with acne
- Combats malnutrition
- Excellent for nursing mothers
- Helps to control glucose levels
- Normalises blood pressure
- Fights against lung disease
- Increases mental clarity and awareness
- Enhances mental focus and memory
- Natural anti-depressant
- Full of antioxidants, creates detoxification and helps to purify the body
- Creates overall feeling of wellbeing
- Anti-cancer – full of antioxidants that fight cancer-causing cells known as free-radicals
- Provides long-lasting energy
- Anti-cholesterol – fights heart disease
- Stimulates hair growth
- Aids in weight loss
- Anti-inflammatory – good for joint, muscle pain and swelling
- Improves digestion – helps prevent heartburn caused by indigestion
- Helps with joint pain and fights arthritis
Nutrition in Chisamba, Zambia
- The world’s most powerful natural multi-vitamin antioxidant
- Can be mixed into drinks, porridge, meals and more
- Ideal for infants and adults
Moringa Oleifera provides infants, children and adults with an abundance of minerals, vitamins, calcium, proteins, beneficial antioxidants and amino acids.
Proteins are the “building blocks of life” and instrumental in the creation and maintenance of body muscle. There are 21 amino acids utilized by the body and although the body is able to manufacture most that it needs, there are several amino acids that must be acquired from a person’s diet. Animal products such as meat, eggs, and dairy contain all of the essential amino acids, but come with side affects. Amazingly, Moringa leaves also contain them all, but with none of the health issues associated with an animal-based diet.
Compounds heat and energy for the body and the primary fuel of the brain. Deficiency can cause the body to divert proteins and body fat to produce needed energy.
Fiber aids in digestion and is an important part of a healthy intestinal tract.
Very important during the childhood years, calcium builds strong bones and teeth and assists in blood clotting. Deficiencies are common in pregnant and breastfeeding women and can cause rickets, bone pain and muscle weakness. Calcium builds strong bones and teeth, and helps prevent osteoporosis. Milk provides a lot of calcium, but Moringa leaves provide even more and the calcium is much more readily absorbed than milk.
Magnesium helps the body to maintain and repair cells while providing energy. Deficiencies can result in weakness, tiredness, vertigo, convulsions, nervousness, cramps and heart palpitations.
Vitamin A acts as a shield against diseases of the eyes, skin and heart, diarrhea, and many other ailments. Carrots are very high in vitamin A, but Moringa leaves are even higher.
Vitamin C strengthens our immune system and fights infectious diseases including colds and flu. Citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons are full of vitamin C. Moringa leaves have even more.
Potassium is essential for the brain and nerves. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium. Moringa leaves are even better.
Moringa leaves contain all the essential amino acids. These cannot be synthesized by the body and must come from a person’s diet, often from red meat or dairy products. But these foods are not available in many parts of the world and come with a growing list of side effects.
Vitamin K is necessary to aid the liver in producing the chemicals needed for normal clotting of blood in humans. This vitamin is found in Moringa leaves.