The centre also offers after-training support to newly established solar entrepreneurs. Organised introductory days can be arranged for those interested.
On a public demo day, visitors are shown various renewable energy applications together with explanations and demonstrations. Special demos with technical guidance can be arranged for those using or thinking of using renewable energy.
Due to Zambia’s size and vast remote areas, the national electricity grid is not an option for many Zambian households. Renewable energy provides a real opportunity for the development of energy supplies across Zambia. However, Zambia faces key barriers to the deployment of renewable energy which the Pumulani Renewable Energy Centre are aiming to solve. These barriers are:
- Limited availability of technical knowledge and capacity to train, design, install, operate, manage and maintain renewable energy systems.
- Limited availability and access to existing renewable energy information and resources.
- A lack of public awareness on renewable energy technologies.
Management and staff
Pumulani’s founders and staff are qualified teachers and highly competent in training delivery. They are exceptionally knowledgeable on renewable energy and have relevant business skills, management experience and partnership building skills. You are encouraged to contact the team to discuss your specific needs.Clients include
- Government departments
- Faith-based groups and missions
- Relief groups
- The health and education sector