Shalom Bus Services Premium listing Veteran
Since 1996, Shalom Bus Services have been offering quality coach services to the every day traveller, the business traveller and the adventure tourist. It has recently introduced a new route from Lusaka to Johannesburg via Chirundu, returning via Victoria Falls. For the convenience of its customers, it runs a fleet of 36 buses, made up of 7 luxury coaches and 29 standard buses. Bookings can be made in advance. Buses are driven by professional, experienced drivers and are comprehensively insured.
Coaches in Lusaka, Zambia
This bus service operates between Lusaka, Livingstone and Johannesburg, Lusaka to Mongu, and Lusaka to Nakonde. Recognising the importance of bus punctuality and reliability, Shalom follows a strict schedule and gives a high priority to customer safety. The buses are fully air-conditioned with in-car entertainment.
- Proud of an accident-free record since its establishment in 1996
- Buses services in-house at well-equipped workshop with qualified mechanics
- In-built toilet, refrigerator and coffee making facilities
Rates range from ZMW30 to ZMW115 for local routes. First-aid kits and fire extinguishers are on each bus, and refreshments are served on board. In the rare case of a breakdown, a back-up bus is dispatched to pick up passengers and take them on to their destination.
Shalom Bus Services runs a loyalty program. When you accumulate 10 Shalom bus tickets, you are entitled to either a 25Kg bag of breakfast mealie meal, 2.5l of cooking oil and a 4kg bag of sugar or a free return trip on any Shalom Bus Services route to or from Lusaka. In addition, you become a Shalom member and enjoy 10% discount on all fares!
Business class buses
In line with their policy of constantly improving their services to meet client needs, Shalom Bus Services recently purchased two brand new business class buses. Each bus has 48 seats, with high grade reclining seats, calf support and extra leg space. These ultra luxury buses are designed to give first class luxury and comfort at affordable prices.
Schedule of buses by route
- Lusaka — Johannesburg: Twice weekly service
- Lusaka — Livingstone: Three daily services
- Lusaka — Mongu: Daily service
- Lusaka — Nakonde: Daily service
Shalom departure times
- Leave Lusaka for Johannesburg (via Chirundu) at 11:00 Sundays and Wednesdays
- Leave Lusaka for Livingstone at 06.30, 07:30 and 14:30 daily
- Leave Lusaka for Mongu at 14:30 daily
- Leave Lusaka for Nakonde at 14:30 daily
- Leave Johannesburg for Lusaka (via Victoria Falls) at 8:30 Thursdays and Saturdays
- Leave Livingstone for Lusaka at 06:00, 08:00 and 20:00 daily
- Leave Mongu for Lusaka at 14:30 daily
- Leave Nakonde for Lusaka at 14:30 daily
Business class bus information
- Adequate leg space
- Reclining seats
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Fully air-conditioned
- On board toilet
- In-car entertainment
Shalom Bus Services contact information
- Lusaka Intercity Bus Terminus: Mwambazi +260 977 414 932
- Johannesburg route: +260 967 414932
- Southern route: Bimahere + 260 977 747 013
- Mongu route: Ernest + 260 979 663786
- Johannesburg Coach Station: 144 Kerk Street Cnr Nugget Street +27 785 928 817
- Choma Bus Station: Star Takeaway, Livingstone Road
- Livingstone Bus Station: Shalom terminal next to Shoprite
- Mazabuka Bus Station: next to the Vuma filling station, Livingstone Road