Services offered by Universal Fitness include aerobic classes (zumba, pilates and yoga), spinner bike classes, and mixed martial arts and kick boxing for adults and children (between the ages of 4 to 15). Universal Fitness has six professional trainers who help each client develop a personalised training regime.
The gym uses Life Fitness equipment. This brand is one of America’s leading fitness equipment brands. Life Fitness has been developing gym equipment for over 40 years. The majority of the equipment allows clients to plug in their earphones and enjoy music as they work out. Various television channels are also available.
- Recumbent bikes: The rider is placed in a laid-back reclining position
- Upright bikes: These exercise bikes allow the user to work out in an upright position
- Treadmills: Run or walk while staying in the same spot. Universal Fitness treadmills incorporate flexible technology with shock absorbers, guaranteeing the best possible workout
- Step mills: Emulating a stair case, these steps provide an efficient cardiovascular workout while improving the muscle tone in your glutes, calves, quadriceps and hamstrings
- Cross trainers and elliptical trainers: Used to simulate stair climbing, walking, or running without causing excessive pressure to the joints. These offer serious shock absorption and allow people with minor injuries to use them to stay fit with low impact exercise
- Smith machines: The Smith machine is a piece of equipment used in weight training. It consists of a barbell that is fixed within steel rails only allowing vertical movement. It is the safest way to lift weights
- Jungle gyms: These are multi-tasking exercise machines that target various parts of the body and offer a more comprehensive workout
- Abductors: These are used to strengthen inner and outer thighs, firming them up. Glute abductors are also available
- Rotary torso machines: These work out the abdominal oblique muscles. It involves rotating the torso in alternate directions, to the left and to the right. Resistance is provided by a weight stack which enables the workload to be adjusted to suit the user
- Rubber dumb bells: A wide range is available
Universal Fitness believes in constantly evolving in order to provide up to date and current equipment and services for their clients. Future plans include the opening of a hair salon, nail parlour and massage spa, provision of juice and protein shakes and a business center with internet cafe.
Further information and achievements to date
Universal Fitness is on a mission to meet the health and fitness needs of the whole family. It offers fully equipped gym facilities where anyone with fitness aspirations can come and train. It has the aim of providing an environment where people can exercise in pursuit of their personal health and fitness goals.
In pursuit of these goals, to date Universal Fitness has developed:-
- Two operating branches under the Universal Fitness Gym umbrella
- Facilities which are spacious and well-ventilated, with world class equipment
- A company culture within which staff members bring expertise, collaboration and team work to gym members’ experience
- A competitive edge within the fitness market
- The Universal Fitness brand ‘If it ain’t universal it ain’t fitness’